Isaiah Rashad - R.I.P. Kevin Miller
Here are a few solid chill hip-hop full lengths for you to stream. If you are into that sort of thing that is…
[ ] Isaiah Rashad - Cilvia
- There have been a ton of great under the radar hip-hop releases this year, so many that I can’t keep track of them all… This AM I came across Isaiah Rashad’s Cilvia and after the first time through I believe that it deserves to considered among the best of the best at the top of the list.This is the first album that really feels like it lives in a good kid, m.A.A.d city world which is a HUGE compliment. It’s nothing earth shattering because its legit hip-hop through and through. If you are into good music, this is a must listen.
[ ] Blu - Good to Be Home : Listen here
- New Blu is always worth a listen.
Along with a few that are not so chill but still worth the listen :
[ ] Lord Of The Fly - Not Safe For Work : Listen here
- At a minimum check out the tracks Bitch I Go Pt. 2 & Wreckless
[ ] God - The Bible : Listen here
If you have a job without any aggravations, you don’t have a job
Defacto - Madagascar
LV - Spitting Cobra feat. Okmalumkoolkat
My pops just dropped my A.P.C.’s off at Self Edge in SF.
Looking forward to gettin em back in a few weeks time
Shabazz Palaces - They Come In Gold
- Took me a few times through to come around on this track. Still not sure how it is possible to come up with a beat that sounds like this, but I guess that can be said for the majority of their last LP as well. This track is from their new LP Lese Majesty which is set to drop at the end of July. Pre-order here if you are into owing cool shit.
I have been looking forward to to seeing ‘Lionel Richie: All The Hits All Night Long Tour’ for a long time and now its almost here. Tomorrow night, key arena! Stoked. Here is a little interview put together by the folks at Rolling Stone. Should be a good time!
Madlib dans Radio Vinyle #32 | via : tigguocobauc
Watch this right now. Madlib listening / talking vinyl. That’s whats up
Sylvan Esso - Hey Mami
- From the Sylvan Esso [ a group made up of Amelia Meath of Mountain Man and Nick Sanborn from Megafaun ] debut LP. Stream it here
You may have noticed that its been a little quieter than normal over the past few weeks here at this is not a comp. Long story short, life has forced me to spend more time focusing on the non-digital world as of late. More specifically, I am in the process of moving and as a result I am downsizing… But by mid month that should be in the rear view.
Yesterday I sold my first Hi-Fi set. I was pretty sad to see it go…
But out with the old, in with the new. I just upgraded my amp / pre-amp / speaker set up and it is pretty solid. More to come on that in the near future…
This post here is dedicated to the workhorse that is the Kenwood KM-991 150 watt amp, the Kenwood KC-991 pre-amp and the pair of 3-way floor standing speakers. Last night a nice gentleman came to pick up the system before as he put it, got ‘paralyzed by barbecue’. When he returned home and set up the system he sent the following email :
Hey folks, thanks again for the good deal on the system. I’ve set it up and it exceeds expectations. As a bass addict (and family man) its perfect. Good luck to you!
Its not everyday that you see a follow up email to a craigslist sale. I have to say it made me feel pretty darn good about the whole transaction. This was a small kind gesture on his part that reminded me of the goodness in humanity along with the fact that there are lots of folks out there who care deeply about music to their core and those people are all around us.
Keep up the good fight music lovers around the globe. Playing high quality music on Hi-Fi set ups is important and they don’t have to be expensive. Quality used integrated amps can be found for a few hundred bucks in any major city. If you cant track one down locally then go over to the Google, the selection is endless. Pair that with a pair of decent bookshelf speakers and you have the makings to a Hi-Fi set. Even though it seemed like the MP3 was going to kill Hi-Fi it never did. Also if you listen to digital music as much as I do, do yourself a favor and buy a USB DAC cheap or otherwise. Its worth the investment, your ears will thank you.
I will close it out with one last memory of my Kenwood set up. The day I first played the intro track on Outkast’s Speakerboxxx / The Love Below and thought my house was going to rattle off its foundation…
You may be gone, but you are not forgotten
I am loving this album. It pairs the vocal heavy folk group Mountain Man’s sound with minimal beats.
Yes, that hits dead center in my wheelhouse and yes I accidentally stumbled upon this album earlier this morning and I am sure I will be listening to it a lot in the coming weeks and months.
You should listen to it as well since its great. You can stream it in full here
The Mouse Outfit - Shak Out feat. Sparkz
- That’s whats up